Admission rules, Academic rules and regulations are subject to conditions laid by the Government and the University from time to time. The M Tech degree course for 2 years comprises 4 semesters. Duration is counted from the first registration date of the student (in the first semester). Candidates should have undergone the B.Tech/B.E course in an institution approved by AICTE and recognized by Kerala Technological University (KTU).
Eligibility for M.Tech Admission
Eligibility will be subject to the rules and regulations of APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University (KTU) /AICTE/Govt.
- The candidate shall be an Indian National.
- The candidate should have studied in the graduate course in an institution approved by the AICTE/Deemed Universities and must have scored minimum of 60% marks in Graduate Degree examination in the appropriate branch of engineering.
- For SC/ST candidates a pass in the Engineering Degree course is sufficient.
- For SEBC students, a minimum of 54% aggregate marks in the Engineering Degree examination is mandatory.
- Candidates who have degrees awarded from other Universities shall submit Eligibility Certificate as well as Migration Certificate at the time of admission.
- Eligibility as per relevant stream
- Candidates, who have passed AMIE/AMIETE Examinations and satisfying the following conditions, are eligible for admission.
- They must have valid GATE score.
- A minimum of 55% marks for section B in AMIE/AMIETE examination.
- Minimum three years of Professional experience in the field of Specialization after acquiring the qualifying degree.
- Candidates who have appeared for the final semester examination can also apply, provided he/she has passed all the subjects up to and including the 6th semester exam. Selection of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree on the time of admission. Those who are having valid GATE score and who are waiting for the result of the supplementary examinations of the above or previous semesters can also apply. Confirmation of admission of such candidates shall be subject to the production of qualifying degree –satisfying clauses (1) to (5) as applicable on or before the date notified by DTE, Kerala
- Admission shall normally be restricted to those with valid GATE score.
- In case seats remain vacant due to lack of candidates with valid GATE score, candidates from Kerala State without valid GATE score will be considered against such vacancies. If seats are still remaining vacant, candidates from other states will be considered for admission.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application forms can be obtained from the office of Muslim Association College of Engineering (MACE), Venjaramoodu, Trivandrum or from the Head office at 'Nandavanam’ Thiruvananthapuram on payment of Rs.500 /-. Application forms can also be downloaded from the website – www.mace.edu.in. Such applications have to be submitted along with a Demand Draft of Rs.500 /- (Five Hundred Only) drawn in favor of "The Principal, Muslim Association College Of Engineering, payable at Thiruvananthapuram".
- The duly filled in application forms along with the self-attested copies of the relevant documents shall be submitted directly or by Registered post so as to reach the College Office before 4.20 pm on or before lastdate.
- The following self-attested documents are to be furnished along with the application form.
- Qualifying degree certificate.
- Mark lists of each semester of the appropriate degree.
- Qualifying Degree mark list up to sixth semester, if final results are not available.
- 10th/12th Certificate in proof of date of birth.
- GATE score card, if applicable.
- Sponsorship Certificate, if applicable.
- Documents to prove claim for any sort of reservation or special consideration.
- Copy of the relevant page showing applicant’s name in the DTE’s rank list.
- Certificate of good conduct from the Institution last attended.
- Applications not accompanied by a proof for that claim will not be considered under that category.
- Late/ incomplete applications or applications not accompanied by relevant certificates are liable to berejected, without further intimation to the candidate.
50% of the seats for each stream are merit seats. These seats will be filled from, among the candidates who have applied in this institution, on the basis of their rank in the rank list published by DTE, by following the reservation policies as mentioned in the prospectus published by DTE.
50% of the seats for each stream are reserved as management seats. One-third of the management seats are reserved as NRI seats.Rank list will be published in the College website and College notice board.
Management has the final say in any process connected with the admission procedure.Selected candidates shall report to the College at the appointed time and date. Offer of admission shall stand cancelled in the event of a failure to take admission at the appointed time.